[Bf-committers] Extrude Along Path

Ron Upton ronupton at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jul 5 09:46:19 CEST 2005

Hi programmers

I am a sculptor who has found Blender to be an easy-to-use modelling
program that is very good for sorting out some abstract ideas for
sculptures.

The only disappointment is the 'Extrude Along Path' function. Simple
coplanar paths produce excellent results. Is it possible to program
this function so that a complete (not mangled) form results from the
process of extruding along an irregular path that occupies three
dimensions?

My attempts to find out whether or not other programs of this type
have the capacity to do what I would like have resulted in failure.
Does anyone know of such a program?

I thank you for making Blender available.

Cheers

Ron                          mailto:ronupton at alphalink.com.au