[Bf-committers] Cheap Tweak Mode

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jan 15 17:05:58 CET 2005

Hi,

The objection I have is ergonomical and also to keep things
blender-compliant... that kind of editing was banned from blender since
the beginning. Holding a mouse button while doing an action and have it
stop working on a button-release is just *bad*. The muscle stress of
holding button is the #1 reason for people to get injuries.

The current "tweak" mode in Blender allows to skip that stress, by
replacing the 'release' with another action. This can either be left
mouse, spacebar, enter... which is more precise anyway (it is how
muscles work; contraction is more exact than relaxing). You can find
adoption for such methods in other UIs too.

-Ton-