[Bf-committers] quit.blend - edit mode not saved

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Feb 23 22:03:16 CET 2005

Hi, I was working today and ment to hit Ctrl+W to save, By mistake I
pressed Ctrl+Q and enter.
I know.. silly mistake, but this happens about once a month and I use
blender every day.

Anyhow, I thaught- 'Its all good- Ill just open quit.blend'
But sadly, I exited while I was in edit mode and my last 10 min of work
was lost- No big deal, but I figured It would be better if Quit.blend
was up to date and served its purpose.

I found that exiting editmode in the exit_usiblender() function in
/usiblender.c/ fixed the problem
. Under the if statement
*    if(G.obedit) {*
   / Replace .../
    free_editMesh(G.editMesh);
/    with.../
    exit_editmode(2);

Then quitting in editmode keeps changes, the exit editmode free's mesh data.
Could sombody double check that exit_editmode(*2*); Blears the undo
buffer? From the comments, thats what it sounds like.
- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street