[Bf-committers] Oscars, Netherlands and Horses [slightly OT]

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 17 11:59:25 CET 2005

Hi Everyone,

One of the winners of the Technical Achievement Awards at the Oscars
this year was Vicon, for their Motion Analysis System:
    http://www.oscars.org/77academyawards/sci-techawards/winners.html

One of the individual winners of this award was Dr Ton van den Bogert.
He did his PhD at the  Veterinary School of the University of Utrecht in
the Netherlands (where he is originally from), on the topic of "Computer
Simulation of Locomotion in the Horse".  (I have a copy that he sent me
sitting on my desk! :-).

The moral of the story is that in order to win an Academy Award, you
should all first start a PhD in equine biomechanics.  >:-]

--
Jonathan Merritt BE(Mech)/BSc
PhD Student - Equine Biomechanics