[Bf-committers] Blender and OpenMosix... does it have any sense ?

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 7 19:19:03 CET 2005

Hi People,

I was doing a few tests with Open Mosix, and after
reading some papers, I realized that for Blender being
able to use such clustering system, it has to be
written/coded in a way that rendering can be splitted
in different processes (this will sound incredible
obvious for most of you, but you know...)

I wonder if are there any plans or ideas to adapt
blender so rendering could be turned into
multiprocessing, so we can set up a renderfarm using
Open Mosix ? Does this have any sense or current
network rendering tools are already working OK so
there is no need of Open Mosix whatsoever ?

Regards.

malefico.