[Bf-committers] Boolean op holes error handled

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Dec 5 12:50:49 CET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Martin Poirier wrote:

>> to me. What people want here is an "Intersect"
>> feature, and that has been in
>> Blender until 2.26, when someone decided to remove
>> it.
>
> It was removed because it was about as stable as Win
> ME. Any attempt to pretend the contrary is just
> blissful thinking.

It was about as stable as XP if you rotated one of the object by 0.1
degrees, or if it - nowadays - had the fixed ray intersect function from
ray.c which works with 90 degree angles :) (which I think was the
problem)

> Having it working on text object straight after
> conversion is exactly what people are asking.
> Surprise! The text object is not closed, the top and
> bottom are separate from the bevel.

Bah, now why the heck has nobody ever mentioned that? I haven't even *tried*
to remove doubles because I was totally convinced that converting extruded
curves to meshes would give closed objects.

OK, so there is actually no bug. :)