[Bf-committers] Visual Interoperability and OpenHSF format

ClapBedon clapbedon at bonbon.net
Mon Apr 4 06:31:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am risking to post on this mailing list. Please tell me if I'm
starting this discussion at the wrong place.

At the place where I work, we use different CAD softwares to draw the
parts we work. We have to measure and markup many of our parts, but we
can't afford any Catia, ProE and AutoCAD licences. As I was looking for
a solution, I've found this website: www.openhsf.org

They promote a 3D file standard designed to visualize and stream any 3D
model. It is mostly used for engineering applications and I know CAD
drawing is not Blender's goal, but I was wondering if anyone has ever
considered supporting this format ? As mush as I understand, it might
prove very useful to revive the 3D Web Plugin.

As you can see on this page :
http://www.openhsf.org/supporters/index.htm , a lot of companies are
supporting the format.

Thank you for your time.