[Bf-committers] Its time for the CSG transform code

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 22 23:06:28 CEST 2004

Martin Poirier wrote:

>What part of transform will you work with? The new
>code uses mostly atomic functioncs, so just tell me
>what part you'll be working with and I can tell you as
>much as I can (assuming that part is done already).

A CSGObject has a list of trees (should be branches, must change) which
each in turn have a list of nodes.  Each node can be scaled/rot'd/grab'd
(e.g. they each have their own individual rot/scale/loc members).  Also,
each node is linked to an Object containing a Mesh, so I may change it
so that the basic rot/loc/size attributes are pulled from that Object.

Each node can also have it's own matrix.  I copied the matrix pointers
from MetaElem in DNA_meta.h, but I have almost no idea how to actually
assign a matrix to one.

>The wiki isn't even all of it and the part that's
>there is only the basics principles.

Ok.

joeedh
P.S.: Why isn't Link structures used for DNA subobject structs?  The
whole thing of using struct [subobject] *next, *prev is extreamly confusing.