[Bf-committers] Global Undo hotkeys

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Mon Sep 20 23:01:43 CEST 2004

I thought about the hotkeys that where assigned for Global Undo. I think
it is bad to mix typical Blender hotkeys and standard hotkeys because
this generates an inconsistent workflow.

The U key is mostly used for undo like the z keys are used for drawing
things. So i would suggest changing the hotkey for Save User preferences
and using Ctrl+U for Undo and Shift+Ctrl+U for Redo.

Saving user preferences could be done with Ctrl+Y or is not so often
used so it did not really a hotkey.

I think this would be better to create a stronger workflow.

BTW: about uniform workflow, updated this:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/#6

--
|\/\/\/|
|      |
C      _)       bart at neeneenee.de
|   ,_/
|   /    - Ich soll kein Schuleigentum verkaufen. -
/   \
                 http://www.neeneenee.de