[Bf-committers] ati slow swap buffer perfomance

Rob Haarsma rob at captainvideo.nl
Thu Sep 9 16:24:46 CEST 2004

On the contrary... the ATI issue isn't fixed at all.

I have a laptop with ATI Radeon 9700 and Blender's UI slows down immensely.
The GLFlush/GLFinish fix might have increased the speed of the interface
a little,
but the solution proposed in this thread works best for me.
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23964

To compare benchmarks, some numbers...
At startup:
blender2.34 without atioglxx.dll: 471 fps
blender2.34 with atioglxx.dll: 640 fps.

After 1 minute:
blender2.34 without atioglxx.dll: 388 fps
blender2.34 with atioglxx.dll: 640 fps.

After 2 minutes:
blender2.34 without atioglxx.dll: 285 fps
blender2.34 with atioglxx.dll: 640 fps.

regards,
Rob