[Bf-committers] Yafray build probs

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 06:44:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

 with the current CVS snapshot of Yafray I got build/install problems
 on my linux box.
 As configure was active I didnt have had this problems.

 I do a

   scons -Q prefix=/usr
   sudo scons -Q prefix=/usr install

 (inside a script, see below)

 The compile process seems to end successfully but the install stops.

 Here is the complete output:

     g++ -o src/yafray src/loader/gram_lex.o src/loader/gram_loader.o src/loader/mlex.o src/loader/msin_general.o src/loader/msin_object.o src/loader/msin_shader.o src/loader/loader.o src/loader/msin_render.o src/loader/render.o -Lsrc/yafraycore -lz -lyafraycore -ldl
     Stuff will be installed under:
     /usr
     /usr/bin
     /usr/lib
     /usr/lib/yafray
     /usr/etc
     Using config file: config.h
     Install file: "src/yafraycore/libyafraycore.so" as "/usr/lib/libyafraycore.so"
     Install file: "src/interface/libyafrayplugin.so" as "/usr/lib/libyafrayplugin.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libarealight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libarealight.so"
     Install file: "src/shaders/libbasicblocks.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libbasicblocks.so"
     Install file: "src/shaders/libbasicshaders.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libbasicshaders.so"
     Install file: "src/shaders/libblendershader.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libblendershader.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libglobalphotonlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libglobalphotonlight.so"
     Install file: "src/backgrounds/libhdri.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libhdri.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libhemilight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libhemilight.so"
     Install file: "src/shaders/libmixblocks.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libmixblocks.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libpathlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libpathlight.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libphotonlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libphotonlight.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libpointlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libpointlight.so"
     Install file: "src/backgrounds/libshaderback.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libshaderback.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libsoftlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libsoftlight.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libspherelight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libspherelight.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libspotlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libspotlight.so"
     Install file: "src/lights/libsunlight.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libsunlight.so"
**** Install file: "src/backgrounds/libsunsky.so" as "/usr/lib/yafray/libsunsky.so"
     bash: line 1: 24122 Terminated              sudo scons -Q prefix=/usr install
     Command exited with non-zero status 143

The marked line remains on the screen for a longer time and the system
slows down heavily before the error is emitted.

When I try to build yafray on tmpfs (on RAM instead on harddisk) I got
logged out, since memory goes so low. I have 256 MB RAM installed. I
have 2G swap space though.

Building the much bigger blender sources from ramfs/tmpfs runs well
witout problems, though.

What can I do to successfully build/install yafray again. I tried the
old configure script, but Makefile.in is missing.

Keep hacking!
Meino