[Bf-committers] FSAA and Blender

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Sun Nov 28 11:42:54 CET 2004

Hi Ton,

The ARB_multisample extension is what you want:
(http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/multisample.txt)

Basically, once a window has been created with a multisample buffer, use:
glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB);
glDisable(GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB);

I'm not sure if the control panel setting overrides this though.

Kester

On Sunday 28 November 2004 00:42, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know this is a feature enforced on driver level. An opengl
> program cannot enable or disable it on runtime. Backbuffer selections
> (vertex paint, weightpaint, texture paint, UV face select, editmode
> 'visible' select) won't work then. Too bad, because it of course looks
> nice. :)
>
> -Ton-
>
> On 27 Nov, 2004, at 9:35, Gregor Mückl wrote:
> > On Friday 26 November 2004 04:10, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> >> I would like to point out that since the Frontbuffer drawing makeover,
> >> Blender is *almost* completely usable with NVidia's FSAA (Full Scene
> >> Anti Aliasing) mode, which gives *very* nice interactive results:
> >>
> >> http://pub.intrr.org/fsaa.png
> >>
> >> And as anti-aliasing everything is top priority these days anyway...
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> It works especially well in __GL_FSAA_MODE = 4.
> >
> > Please not that the meaning of the value of __GL_FSAA_MODE is
> > model-specific.
> > So this information is unfortunately useless unless you also state the
> > model
> > (or have a look at the README of the nvidia driver and map the number
> > to a
> > name yourself :-).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gregor