[Bf-committers] updating the Makefiles

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 24 22:45:51 CET 2004

Jeremy Wall wrote:
> I like having the user_def.mk file so if you can keep that in the mix
> I'd appreciate it. Other than that no suggestions.

Me too -- the guy who came up with that was a genius!
Also, be sure not to kill 'make quicky'.

Kent wrote:
>>Step 1.
>>Move (BLENDERHOME)/source/nan_*.mk to (BLENDERHOME)/*.mk  (note the no nan_)
>>mv obj dir out of (BLENDERHOME) so it is like the lib dir.

I guess my only comment here is do we want to move this
stuff to tools/make to match what the scons guys are doing?
(we don't need to add a 'bs' directory because it doesn't
apply here. >=P) Or would that be more of an annoyance?

I also wonder if it might be nice to have separate
platform/windows.mk, platform/irix.mk, or such for
the platform specific stuff? And load the correct
one based on the guess config.

All of the other points in your proposal look great!

Chris