[Bf-committers] release cycles

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Sun Nov 21 18:41:35 CET 2004

I thought about the last releases and the release alphabet of 2.35.
Wouldn't it be better when their are longer RC phases with more then
just one RC and the RC's are more pushed and announced.

Any other bigger OSS project i know did it in this way to guarantee the
quality and prevent confusing users. So a final release is something
that really worksstable.

I noticed some questions about users that ask others if 2.35 is really
stable and they could update with out having trouble etc.

My self trying to push and announce RCs (on my own and different CG & 3D
sites) but the RC phace was to short for getting the response into the
bugtracker. I think the minimum for the first RC phase should be 14
days, maybe following could be a week.

Better take alittle bit more time then doing it in the "Microsoft"-style
(not truely).

But thanx to all the coders and for doing a better Blender then ever (i
never touched my 3DS Max).

PS: Here some sites where i posting about Blender releases:
http://www.3d-worxx.com/
http://www.gfx-scene.de/index.php4
http://www.web3d-fr.com/
http://www.3d-test.com/