[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/datafiles blenderbuttons blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_view3d_types.h blender/source/blender/src blenderbuttons.c edit.c editface.c editobject.c header_view3d.c space.c

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Check these 2 options:
>
> -> Rotate around individual centers (= don't apply
> object centers)
> and
> -> Only transform object centers
>
> Are the exact opposite of each other, and are very
> much related.

I don't think that's a valid comparaison. "Rotate
around individual centers" superseeds the pivot mode,
you cannot use it and Cursor mode at the same time,
that's what make it a pivot mode in itself. On the
contrary, "Only transform object centers" does not
specify/superseed the pivot mode, it uses another mode
(median, center or cursor). That's what makes me say
that it is not a pivot mode but rather another option
on the side.

> Next to that; Matt did a lot of work cleaning up the
> headers, moving
> issues to the pulldowns, as a preparation for
> rethinking how
> icons/toolbars are used in Blender.

I don't think it HAS to be in the header, as it's
quick to access in the menu (not hidden in a sub
menu).

Actually, if it was just me, I'd have put it as a
option toggleable in during transform. Akey (align) or
something.

> Taking all of that into account I thought to have it
> at least added for
> now. But if you like to continue discussions, please
> lets meet on irc!
> :)

Job time (cough) at the moment. Will come later today
if I can though.

Martin