[Bf-committers] yafpatch attempt...

Gregor Mückl bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:17:44 +0100

Am Thursday 01 January 2004 22:48 schrieb LarstiQ:
> Alejandro came online to #blendercoders, and gave some instructions to
> get a recent yafray, so I built that first.

What is a recent version of yafray? yafray 0.0.5 clearly does not work because
the shader plugin does match the exporter. Does this mean that this patch
needs a CVS version of yafray?

Btw, I have at least one feature request: Currently yafray is crippled by
being forced to use the "blendershader" shader only. It would be nice to be
able to assign alternative shaders to the materials (just by name, for
example). Additionally I'd like to be able to include some sort of material
library (actually just a junk of XML data) into the file that yafray exports.
That shouldn't be too hard to implement, but I'm too busy with other things
right now :-(.

Regards,
Gregor