[Bf-committers] Holidays, CVS commit & happy new year!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Dec 27 21:49:39 CET 2004

Hi all,

Just committed all of the work on render code I did the past weeks -
inbetween the bugfixes. :)
Most of the work was just old todo, already since raytracing was added.
The renderer just has too many antique and clumsy conventions,
especially on using globals all over.
As a proof-of-concept for proper use of local data I've started testing
SDL threads for dual-cpu rendering, which went surprisingly well. (Nice
simple API too!).

The unified and normal render now share much more the same code, and
both full 4x32 bits (float). Optional you can keep a full 4x32 bits
buffer to do postprocess tricks with.
Alfredo is already looking into adding OpenEXR support for saving such
buffers.

The commitlog has all info, for those who're interested.

Right now I go over proper compiling with people on IRC. Seems to have
issues. :)

Anyhoo, I'm going to have a blender-free holidays tomorrow. Celebrating
a wedding & new-year in Scotland! Back at work monday the third again.
:)

So, I wish all of you an exciting, happy and productive 2005!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org