[Bf-committers] Re: motion capture blender

Matthias for Blender blender3d at matthiasm.com
Fri Dec 24 00:29:29 CET 2004

Point taken. I herewith put my previously published code regarding
Motion Capture under GPL license. Enjoy ;-) . The times where
Quaternions were magic that need to be hidden from the competitor are
long over :-P .

The fundamental difference between using MoCap device support and
importing MoCap data files is the possibility of realtime visualization
of the MoCap session, possibly even live recording.

Although I did not read myself into the details of Blender, I assumed
that Blender allows this kind of live rendering and recording, either
through the animation editor, or through its gme engine. Am I right?

Importing MoCap files is nice, but you still need a $6000 software
(kaydara products, for example (now Alias)) on top of your $10000
hardware to record the initial motion.

Matthias