[Bf-committers] Back Buffer Issues

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Dec 7 08:15:41 CET 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Blender likes the SwapCopy a lot. :)
> This is becoming a standard in many (PC) cards now, and for some systems you
> cannot even tweak it... for example Macs only support this method.

Just if anyone is interested, I just updated my Linux NVidia drivers to the
latest, and hooray - the old swapbuffers problem (flickering buttonswindow/
3d view headers while rotating the view, etc.) was back!

It turned out that it is a setting in nvidia-settings (the nvidia control
panel): OpenGL Settings -> Allow Flipping, which has to be turned off.

So maybe this is worth adding to the Linux faq or something.

Also, this of course means that any linux developer can use nvidia-settings
to switch this setting, and even make it work for switch instead of copy ;)