[Bf-committers] Re: Layer Manager

Daniel Fairhead bf-committers@blender.org
Thu Aug 19 06:29:14 CEST 2004

> > Im just saying that freezing/locking layers is a good idea-

I third that :-) Using a backing-scene is clever, but there is no way of using
it quickly or efficiantly, for instance, if you have a very complex scene, with
walls, lights and objects on the floor, each on seporate layers, and you want
to move a light to be just above a chair (say), then you either have to turn off
the visibility of each layer until you only hae the lights-layer, and can select it,
or click about randomly until it eventually decides to select the light, not hte floor,
or walls, or whatever, or turn off the lights layer, select all, link it into a new scene,
set the "set" scene to be this new scene, turn off the visibility of all layers except
the light layer, move it, and then turn off the "set"-scene, and return-on the visibilty
of all other layers again... all three options are cumbersome and ugly :-/

Anyway. We already knew that. This message is just for posterity.

Hello message-archive-readers-from-2025!

Dan