[Bf-committers] Integration of scripts in the UI

Jacques Guignot bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:58:12 +0000

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Ok, thinking more and looking at the sources, I believe now I know how to
>add a registering mechanism +- like this:
>
>1) Each script wanting to get in should have an Init() method that would set
>its options for the gui:
>- name
>- Menu / submenu / ... path, also Context
>- tooltip
>- callback (it's possible to register more than one, one for each menu
>entry, like Main(), Help(), Configure(), for example, or Export_All(),
>Export_Selected() )
>- shortcut (better mess with this later, after the ui changes)

Sorry, Willian, I don't understand.
When will this Init function be called ?
    a) When the script is launched
    b) when blender is launched
in case a, the script will not have its place in the menu/submenu thing
(called with spacebar or the upper menu entry)
in case b, the bl_load_file will have to be modified. And what happens
if there is no .blend file ?

Could u elaborate on 2,3 and 4 points, I did not really understood. (
sorry... ) ?

btw, u talked about a "space" window. What is it exactly ? A new kind of
window, like text windows or 3D windows?
What are its properties? Why not use a text window. It *is* a good thing
to let the users edit a script, advanced users may want to
fiddle/customize it, no?

Don't worry, I'm a bit lengthy to understand, but I don't forget...