[Bf-committers] Linking SDL fails with the automake build system

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

Christen, I've had similar problem in the past where I know what libs
are supposed to be there, but I don't know how to add them into the auto*
flow. I am quite likely negligent of seeing the answer in the past if
it's been commited here. but would some one please just give a simple
answer to the one basic question (i know that configure wants to have a
sample lib call that it can use the nm the libs and select the right
ones, but i really just want to short circuit that and add LIBS that
I know are going to be there (are part of the OS), and not going away).

am I being unproductive? the irix auto* build has been broken for at least
a month due to me, and michael's inability to find common time. the libs
i want to add are base IRIX libs. and yes, i am capable of reading the
docs, but i don't have the time.... really you don't want to know why.

thanks!
John