[Bf-committers] Multiple Monitors Problem OSX

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:45:08 -0400

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 11:00 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> First, did you try to set the screen at 'thousands of colors?
> It might be the amount of texture memory that's limited. OSX uses it
> all over...

Okay, finally got a chance to test this.

Ton is correct: the problem stems from running out of texture memory.
Setting one of the two monitors (not even the one running Blender, mind
you) to "thousands" caused 90% of the problem to go away.

My question is, "is there a more graceful way to handle this?" I've
never seen another program do this, so is there some way to keep it
from doing this? Perhaps a warning on launch that texture memory is
low, "try reducing the number of colors on your monitors" or some such?

Thanks,

-Bischofftep