[Bf-committers] Quick Python OS X Note

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
21 May 2003 20:38:14 -0300

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 17:13, Douglas Bischoff wrote:
> Just wanted to share a "moment" for those hard at work at the
> exp-python grindstone.
>
> This OS X user just got his first look at what a python-generated GUI
> in Blender actually looks like.

Great!  That's very nice to know, thanks Douglas : ).  This came for
free, I just took away the #ifndef __APPLE__ ... Let's see how far it
works ...

> Thanks very much for getting us this far! I feel like I'm using the
> same Blender everyone else is now, and it's much appreciated.
Our pleasure : ).

> One note: there seems to be some difficulty with the "sys" system
> module. POVAnim calls it to check what directory the target .blend file
> is in, and I get errors of "module" has no name "sys" even though
> "import sys" works just fine...
Module has no name sys?  Maybe it's because that script imports the 2.27
Blender.sys module, which is not the same as the normal Python sys
module ... then it looks for something that this last one doesn't have.

Does this, for example, work fine?:

import sys
print dir(sys)

You can email the bf-python list or me directly, if you prefer.

Thanks for the info : ).

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br