[Bf-committers] Minutes bf-blender project members meeting, jan 26

Stefan Gartner bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:05:24 +0100

Hi,
just a few remarks:

On Monday 27 January 2003 18:10, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
[...]
> Action points still pending:
> - suggestion: a 'public release hack-down list' with code to be written
> for a release.
> - OSX: Project Builder files still in test.

Blender seems to build using the projects files, provided that you follow=
 the=20
instructions given in the README (basically, one has to build the stuff i=
n=20
intern/ using the NaN Makefiles first). I'm currently trying to create a=20
project file for intern, however ProjectBuilder tends to put the compiled=
=20
files into the same directory where the project file is located (currentl=
y=20
projectfiles/pb_2_0_1), which is not what we want, I guess.

> - Creator/Publisher targets in build system should be unified to a
> single Blender target.
> - ODE still hardly functions (cross platform)
> - releasing/uploading files at projects.blender.org should be possible,
> we'll check this.
> - more (IRC) sessions on coding issues
> - Python needs more developers! Artists are welcome too...

[...]

> 3. how to integrate Quicktime support best
>
> We agreed that introducing another dependency is not a wise idea.
> Quicktime support should be done either in runtime linking (like a
> plugin) or with a 'stub' (fake) library, that can be removed/replaced.
> Unfortunately the coders working on were not available... I don't know
> the status on this.
> If it can't be solved this week, we'll release without Quicktime.

As far as I know, tuhopuu works on Windows without QuickTime installed (m=
inus=20
the features that require QuickTime, of course). Maybe phase can tell us =
if=20
this is true. The Linux version needs more testing, so a 2.26 release wit=
hout=20
QuickTime support is fine with me. I also have no idea if (and how) it wo=
rks=20
on other platforms.

-