[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editmesh.c

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:29:06 -0800 (PST)

--- Alexander Ewering <blender@instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Martin Poirier wrote:
>
> > theeth (Martin Poirier) 2003/12/17 05:16:32 CET
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     blender/source/blender/src editmesh.c
> >
> >   Log:
> >   Fix for the bevel wrapping face detection
> algorithm. Still some case where quad will wrap.
> From the test I did, this seems to happen most of
> the time with MAJORLY non-coplanar faces. Still
> trying to find a final fix that would work all the
> time.
>
> After cvs updating, a cube is turned into a
> spaceship here.

Yah, I noticed that this morning. It's actually not
the fault of the shrink method but of the general
bevel algorithm and where it calls this function. It
also acts on the additional bevel faces, which it
should. Nothing that some face flag cannot clear, but
since I haven't really given a look at how this part
of the code works...

Martin