[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

Patrick bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:03:26 -0700

I got it to compile don't know why I was having such trouble :)

I uploaded the ODE testfiles for you to use for testing.  They work
great on my windows system with the latest 2.28 off of cvs.
Get them here: http://www.spinheaddev.com/downloads/blender_odetestfiles.zip

Now I'm going to port my culling work over to bf-blender and try to get
it to work correctly.

Maci_ray wrote:

>I haven't looked further but I thought ODE would handle the collision
>stuff? If blender has its own collision, it would explain why my
>boxstack-test is that weird behaving.

ODE should handle the collision stuff, but it's still fairly flakey, especially for colliding between dynamic actors and non-dynamic scenery.  Blender doesn't have its own collision thats what all the fuss is about:)  How exactly is your boxstack test misbehaving?