[Bf-committers] Autodetect -lpthread & "cc -pthread"

Bert Driehuis bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 01:38:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi LarstiQ,

> aclocal.m4 is generated by the aclocal invocation in bootstrap,
> according to my aclocal manpage it scans all the .m4s it can find, the
> contents of acinclude.m4 are also automatically included into aclocal.m4

Thanks. I keep running into a brick wall when I try to navigate the
"info" command. I saw many info nodes that did not enlighten me :-)

> doc/autoconfig.txt advises to copy acinclude.m4 to the blender dir in
> case one has problems with AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (which I did have on OSX),
> but I believe that should be done by aclocal itself.
>
> I have seen acinclude.m4 in other projects where they define their own
> M4 macros, I believe that file to be the right place for our own macros
> also.
>
> I don't know anything about pthread checks, but if it works :)

Ah, well, that remains to be seen, but at least now I can test it and
propose a patch!

I sometimes wonder when autoautoautoconfig will turn up, so that we're
all in for yet another round of relearning. I felt like I grokked
autoconf just enough to do some stuff when automake turned up :-)

Thanks,

			-- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
If the only tool you've got is an axe, every problem looks like fun!