[Bf-committers] New project, let's move on!

David Megginson bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:44:58 -0500

Frederick Lee writes:

 > > The amount of time involved in getting Blender autoconfed is disturbing.
 > > Although I'm happy with the efforts people put in it, there's no clear
 > > outlook when it will be finished. I've had discussions with Kent Mein
 > > and Hans Lambermont on this topic yesterday, and they agree on the
 > > following:
 >
 > I'm also disturbed by the time involved.  For me, the biggest challenge
 > is trying to figure out just what files are supposed to go together to
 > form what.  The NaN makefiles are, frankly, write-only text.  It's
 > extremely difficult to read it.  The "base" Blender modeller was easy
 > enough to figure out without reading the NaN build stuff, but the game
 > engine and standalone player are being real PITAs.

Why work in serial rather than parallel?  My only suggestion is to
rename the static Makefiles to Makefile.static (or something similar)
so that they don't get in the way of autoconf development.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, david@megginson.com, http://www.megginson.com/