[Bf-committers] a FreeBSD configure run

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:47:33 -0600

Just a quick comment :)
I have to specify the following options on my machines.
../blender/configure --prefix=/usr/local/blender \
        --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl \
        --with-ode=/usr/local \
        --with-gameblender \
        --enable-blenderstatic \
        --enable-gameplayer

The way things work is it looks through common paths for libs.
/usr/lib, /usr/local/lib etc...
Barring the normal paths you can use software in special dirs with
extra params.

Basically what we need to do is expand the search path to include common
directorys on the other platforms.
(i.e. tell us where things are by default on the other platforms and
we'll add them in)

I've just updated configure to try and detect gmake
give it a try and let me know if it works :)

If other people want to help out with this stuff basically what I did in
this case was do a google search for: configure.in gmake autodetect

and modified configure.ac to use what others were doing.
(configure.ac is the new name for configure.in what we really need to do
is create a configure.in file that works also for older versions if
anyone else is looking for something to do)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu