[Bf-blender-npr] Subgrous visibility

Vicente vicentecarro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:51:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wanted to remark a problem with Freestyle when used in production.

Usually we use libraries (blend files with assets, characters, etc.)
that are linked or appended in our final files.
So say we have a library with a main group "character" and 2
subgroups:"freestyle" and "no-freestyle"  to define what's going to be
used or not in FS.
Then we have to import "character" group in our file. We can not import
"freestyle" or "no-freestyle" because it would be pointless.
The problem comes here because Freestyle group selector can not see the
groups within imported groups. So our character could be perfectly
rendered in our library file but not in our final file.

So I would love to see that feature in FS: the ability to select
subgroups of the imported groups.

I know it's out of the scope of the current FS project, but maybe in the
next one...

Thanks

Vicente